Hello and welcome to your fabric technology course.
You will be involved in using a design process to create textile products such as clothing, toys and accessories.
I hope you enjoy your year.
Check out this website for easy and accessible designer fashion
Also, check out Burda website
for free, easy downloads for the beginner sewer.
FABRIC AND PATTERN STOCKISTS – AUCKLAND REGION
1. Centrepoint Fabrics, 26 Morrow Street, Newmarket, 529 2711
Sell large range of fabrics, some haberdashery and notions and patterns – Vogue
2. Spotlight, Unit C, 111 Lincoln Road, Henderson , 836 0888
Extensive range of fabric, haberdashery, all notions and patterns.
3. Arthur Toye, Wairau Park , 18 Link Drive , Glenfield, 444 0825
4. The Fabric Workshop, 11 Clovernook Road , Newmarket, 520 5685
5. Global Fabrics, 139 Newton Road, Newton, 366 1991
Sell large range of fabrics, specialising in upmarket and end of designers stock.
Sell thread and patterns – Vogue, Burda
6. Geoffs Emporium, 274 Dominion Road, Mt Eden, 630 5498
Sell basic range of fabrics and lots of haberdashery and notions
7. Fabric Barn, 23 Veronica Street, New Lynn, 826 3075
8. Nicks Fabrics, Dominion Road
Sell assorted range of fabrics, nothing over $10/metre, including marino.
10. Bernina Store, 360 Dominion Road, Mt Eden, 630 1155
11. Designer Textiles, Lovegrove Crescent, Otara, 274 6045
Extensive range of fabrics, including large range of stretch fabric, largest selection of haberdashery and notions in Auckland.
12. Salvage, 537 Mt Eden Road, Mt Eden, 630 4054
13. Antique Fabric and Lace, 132 Onehunga Mall, Onehunga, 622 2164
Also in Glen Eden and Otahuhu
Large selection of all fabric types, from $3 - $200/metre. All haberdashery, notions, ribbons, beads etc, and largest selction of sequined motifs in Auckland.